This Cajun-inspired soup makes a warm, hearty meal.
- vegetable oil - 1 tsp.
- chopped sweet onion - 1 cup
- chopped celery - 1 cup
- Garlic Steak Splash - 2 tbsp.
- Italian Sausage, sliced - 1/2 lb.
- chopped Swiss Chard (may substitute with Kale) - 6 cups
- low-sodium chicken stock - 6 cup
- white beans, drained and rinsed. - 1 can(19 oz/540g)
1) In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and sauté onions & celery about 5 minutes.
2) Add sausage and cook until well browned. Remove ingredients from pan. Scrape browned bits in pan, adding Garlic Steak Splash until well mixed. Return ingredients to pan, add chicken stock, bring to simmer and add Swiss Chard,
cooking for 15 minutes.
3) Add beans, let sit for 5 minutes. Serve in bowls topped with a toasted baguette slices sprinkled with parmesan.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box