"A simple vegetable dish that highlights the summer flavours of fresh tomatoes and zucchini. It goes great with grilled meats or poultry.
- Zucchinis - 2 medium, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes - 5 plum, thinly sliced
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 1/2 cups, grated
- Parmesan Cheese - 1/3 cup, grated
- Garlicky Italian Seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 2 Tbsp finely chopped
- Fine Bread Crumbs - 3/4 cup
1) Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly butter 9x9" pan.
2) In a large bowl, combine Cheddar, Parmesan, Garlicky Italian Seasoning. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
3) Arrange half of the zucchini slices in the pan. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese and herb mixture on top. Arrange half of the tomatoes, and top with another 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
4) Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in breadcrumbs; cook until they have absorbed the butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
5) Cover loosely with foil, bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake until the top is crusty and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box