The Next day? Form leftover potato into cakes and fry them up with butter of course.
- Russett Potatoes - 3 lbs, cut into 2
- Yukon Gold Potatoes - 1lb, cut into 2
- Kosher salt -
- Heavy Cream - 1 cup
- Whole Milk - 1 cup
- unsalted butter - 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus more for serving ( optional )
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 2tbsp
- Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by 2". Generously season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a baking sheet: let stand until dry, 10-15 minutes. Set pot aside.
- Meanwhile, heat cream, milk, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; season with smoked garlic seasoning.
- Pass potatoes through ricer into reserve pot. Mix in warm milk mixture, then sour cream. Serve topped with more butter if desired.
STILL, THERE'S ROOM FOR CREATIVITY- Potatoes are the ideal blank canvas for flavours beyond butter and cream. Why not stir in some: