" This is the best pulled pork recipe giving that Smokey taste without the time or hassle of being in a smoker."
-recipe submitted by Adam Masse
- Pork Shoulder - 4-7 pounds
- Red Onion - Medium size
- Ontario Fresh Garlic - 3 cloves
- Beer ( your favourite Canadian ) - 1 Can
- Chicken Chile Lime - 1 Bottle
- Smoked Garlic Grilling Sauce - 1 Bottle
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 5 Tbsp
- Fresh ground black pepper - 3 tsp
1.Pierce pork shoulder with a fork splash with Chicken Chili Lime working it into the meat. Let rest for 1 hour or overnight in fridge.
2. Remove pork from marinade and rub with smoked garlic seasoning.
3. Place pork shoulder in to slow cooker with 1 can of your favourite Canadian beer, chopped garlic cloves and remaining Chicken Chili Lime.
4. Cook on low heat in slow cooker for 5-7 hours.
5. Remove pork and shred with a fork.
6. Add Smoked Garlic Grilling Sauce to shredded pork before serving.
7. Place pork on bun with your favourite slaw, slice red onion, pickles or cheese as garnish.
Note: Pulled pork is an excellent topping to your favourite poutine recipe.
Optional: Inject 3 ounces of Chicken Chili Lime splash into pork shoulder using a marinade injector.
Place pork shoulder into smoker and cook with hardwood chips to an internal temp of 180 degrees Celsius, then finish in slow cooker.