Sweet heat with a sticky gooey crisp finish is a winning formula for the ultimate wing. Use as an impromptu appetizer for a crowd or for main course. Drumsticks and thighs also work for this recipe.
- Chicken Wings - 15 (tips removed)
- Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash - 4 tbsp + 2 tbsp for finishing sauce
- Ontario garlic cloves (fresh or frozen) - 2, grated
- Roasted Garlic Oil with Garlic Scapes (or oil of your choice) - 1 tbsp
- Ontario Honey - 4 tbsp
1) Combine in a zip-lock bag the chicken wings, 4 tbsp Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash and oil, mix together and seal. Place in refrigerator overnight for minimum 2 hours.
2) FINISHING SAUCE; Mix honey with grated garlic and remaining 2 tbsp. Garlic Chili Lime Chick Splash. Set aside.
3) Preheat oven to 425F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove chicken wings from zip-lock (discard marinade) and spread on parchment, spacing in-between pieces.
4) Bake 15 minutes. Remove, turn wings and brush with the finishing sauce. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Wings will brown. For extra crunch, cook a few minutes longer.
NOTE: Excellent served with Sweet Potato Fries and Chili Lime Mayo
Another delicious recipe from The Garlic Box