This captures the flavors of summer. Serve with Pelee Island Gamay Noir Zweigelt
- large tomatoes (preferably heirloom tomatoes of assorted colours) each cut into 1/2 - 8-10
- Olive Tapenade with Garlic - 1 jar
- balls drained fresh water-packed mozzarella cut into 1/3 - 2 - 8oz.
- large fresh basil leaves (optional: use a salad green to line plate) - 12
- Garlic Veggie/Salad Splash -
Place 1 tomato slice on each of 8 plates. Spread each with generous tablespoon of
Olive Tapenade with Garlic.
Top with cheese round. Repeat layering. Top each stack with third tomato slice.
Chop remaining tomato slices; place in bowl and toss with 2 - 3 tablespoons
Garlic Veggie/Salad Splash.
Spoon some dressing over each stack. Spoon chopped tomatoes alongside.
Garnish with fresh basil cut into fine strips.
Adapted from Bon Appétit.