Treat fresh asparagus like flowers when storing. Cut off the ends (about 1/2") and add to a glass of water and keep at room temperature until ready to use.
- Onion - 1, thinly sliced
- Fresh Local Asparagus - 1 lb, ends chopped off
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 4 tsp, chopped
- Butter - 4 tsp.
- Salmon Fillets - 4 (6 oz), skinless
- Lemon - 1 fresh sliced with peel still on
- Garlic Scape Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper - to taste
- Fresh Dill - 1 bunch
1) Take a 12 by 12" piece of foil and layer 1/4 onions, of asparagus, garlic, butter and then add fresh salmon and top with lemon slices, fresh ground black pepper, garlic scape sea salt and top with fresh dill.
2) Wrap up entire meal packet.
3) Grill/Bake for 15-20 minutes wrapped in foil.
If you like sauces, combine 2 tbsp. of butter, 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. of lemon zest in a saucepan, melt and drizzle on top just before serving.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box