A great way to use garlic scapes!
Use as a pasta sauce, a spread, mix with mayo for a dip, add to ranch for a dressing.
- fresh spinach - 4 cups
- garlic scapes, minced - 1 lb (approximately 20 scapes)
- Parmesan cheese, grated - 1 1/2 cups
- olive oil - 1 1/2 cups
- pine nuts or walnuts - 2 tbsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
1) Rough chop fresh garlic scapes - no blanching required.
2) Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy on your favourite sandwich, salad, pasta, vegetables, meat and fish.
Keep unused portions refrigerated or frozen.
Tip: garlic scape pesto freezes well portioned in ice cube trays.