Spice up your greens, Brazil is the next big thing in food.
- Fresh/Froz Garlic Cloves - 3 medium, minced
- Sea Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Kale - 1 bunch, washed & centre stems removed
- Collard Greens - 1 bunch, washed & centre stems removed
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1 small, diced
- Red Pepper - 1 medium, cut in 1/2
- Nando's Peri-Peri Sauce - 1 1/2 tsp (use extra if you like more heat)
1) On chopping board using back of knife or with mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt until coarse paste; set aside.
2) Stack kale and collards in bunches, roll tightly lengthwise, like a cigar, and slice thinly crosswise (chiffonade cut); set aside.
3) In large skillet over medium, heat oil. Add onion and garlic paste; stir until soft and starting to become golden, about 2 minutes. Add red pepper; stir for about 45 seconds. Add kale and collards; cook for about 1 minute, using tongs to separate ribbons of greens and fold in with onion mixture. Add hot sauce; toss to combine. Cook until greens are slightly wilted and vibrant green, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning to taste, if desired. Serve warm.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box