This already comforting chowder is given more flavour and depth with Smoked Garlic Seasoning. Salmon can be replaced with a smoked white fish such as trout.
- bacon thinly sliced - 3 strips
- chopped green onions (about one bunch) - 1 ¼ cup
- celery stock, finely chopped - 1
- garlic cloves, minced - 2
- bottle clam juice - 1
- water - ½ cup
- potatoes, peeled and diced into ½” cubes - 2
- bay leaf - 1
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning (or to taste) - 1/2 tsp.
- 10% half and half cream - 2 cups
- frozen corn kernels - 2 cups
- chopped parsley - ¼ cup
- hot pepper sauce (or to taste) - ¼
- smoked salmon, chopped (or smoked whitefish) - ½ lbs
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste -
Cook bacon in large sauce pan set over medium heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel. Need about 2 tsp. bacon fat, or add oil to bring up. Cook garlic until fragrant, add clam juice, water, potatoes, bay leaf and Smoked Garlic Seasoning. Simmer covered until potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add cream, corn, parsley and hot pepper sauce. Return bacon pieces to pan. Stir until hot but don’t boil or cream will separate. Stir in smoked salmon and pepper, cooking until salmon is heated through. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box