- PEI Yukon Gold Potatoes - 3 medium, peeled & quartered
- Ontario Fresh/Frozen Garlic Cloves - 4 cloves
- Reserved Cooking Liquid from Potatoes - 1 cup
- Vegetable Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Ground Beef or Pork - 1 lb
- Peas - 3/4 cup - Fresh or Frozen
- Corn - 3/4 cup - Fresh or Frozen
- Onion - 1/2 chopped
- Red Pepper - 1/2 large, chopped
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1/8 Tbsp
- Garlic Steak Splash - 1/2 Tsp, or more to taster
- Dried Oregano - 2 Tsp
- Canned Diced Tomatoes - 28 oz, drained
- Paprika - 1 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper - To taste
1) Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease an 8" x 8" baking dish and set aside.
2) Place the potatoes and garlic in a pot of lightly salted, cold water.
3) bring to a boil and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Drain the cooked potatoes, reserving one cup of liquid.
4) Mash the potatoes and garlic along with the reserved liquid. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5) Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, then ground beef;cook until beef is browned. Add onions and peppers; cook until tender.
6) Drain off the fat, return skillet to heat and add in the remaining vegetables, sauces and spices. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7) Transfer mixture to baking dish and press it down. Top with garlic mash potatoes and lightly sprinkle paprika over top. Place the baking dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box