The beans and the scapes look remarkably similar, making this a dish full of taste surprises. Serve with any
kind of sautéed or grilled poultry or meat.
- green beans - 8oz (250g)
- fresh garlic scapes - 6 oz (175g)
- olive oil - 1 tbsp (15ml)
- ½ red pepper finely diced - ½
- Salt and freshly round pepper - to taste
- balsamic vinegar with garlic - 1 tbsp (15ml)
1) Top and tail green beans. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add beans and blanch for 2 to 3
minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and refresh with cold water until cold.
2) Trim garlic scapes and remove any seed pods. Cut in two pieces approximately the same size as the
beans. Blanch for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on thickness. Drain and refresh with cold water.
3) Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Add scapes and sauté for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and green
beans. Toss together, cover skillet and cook for 2 minutes longer or until scapes are crisp-tender.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box