A hearty, quick and delicious main-course salad with beautiful contrasts.
- Olive Tapenade with Garlic - ¼ cup
- anchovy paste - 1 tsp.
- red-wine vinegar - 3 tbsp.
- olive oil - ¼ cup
- finely chopped basil - 2 tbsp.
- minced onion - 1 tbsp.
- For Salad:
- salmon (may sub with tuna) - 2 tins (6 oz. ea.)
- small whole potatoes - 8
- green beans - 3/4 lb.
- cherry tomatoes, halved - 1 cup
- hard-boiled eggs, quartered - 4
- cleaned, dried spinach or arugula - 4 cups
- Lemon wedges to garnish -
Whisk dressing ingredients together in small bowl and set aside. Boil potatoes in salted water until just tender. Drain, reserving potato water. Cook green beans in potato water 4-5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Toss green beans, tomatoes and potatoes with some of the dressing. Divide greens among 4 plates and top with vegetable blend, salmon and eggs.
Serve with remaining dressing and garnish with lemon.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box