It's officially maple syrup season. The weather is getting warmer and the sap is starting to flow.
- Acorn Squash - 4, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper - to taste
- Unsalted Butter - 4 Tbsp.
- Maple Orange Garlic Sauce - 1/2 cup
- Assorted Fresh Herbs (rosemary,thyme,parsley) - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place squash, cut sided up, on a baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Place 1/2 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon Maple Orange Garlic Sauce into cavity of each squash, and sprinkle herbs over the tops.
- Roast squash until very tender and well browned, basting frequently with syrup in the cavities, about 1 hour. Serve warm.
**To keep the squash steady while baking, cut off a thin slice from the rounded sides; butternut squash also works well in this recipe.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box