This hearty 3 Season salad plate has everything going for it; creamy, crisp, sweet and sour with a touch of crunch.
- Acorn Squash - 1 Medium ( washed )
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp (15ml)
- Salt - to taste
- Chili Flakes - 1/4 tsp (1ml)
- Apple Cider and Garlic Vinaigrette - 1/2 cup (125ml)
- Maple Syrup - 1/2 cup
- Baby Arugula - 1 clamshell (142g)
- McIntosh Apple - 1 cored and very thinly sliced
- Extra Smooth Ricotta Cheese (optional goat or feta cheese) - 1 cup
- Salted Pistachios or Pumkin Seeds - roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise, seed and stem it, then cut each half into 1/2 inch (1 cm) wedges (about 15 in total). Place on baking sheet and toss with oil, salt and chili flakes. Roast for about 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until squash wedges are slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a small pot over low heat, combine maple syrup and Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette. Gently simmer about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool (optional: can be served warm).
- When you're ready to serve, lay out a base of baby arugula, layer on roasted squash and apple slices plus the dollops of ricotta cheese. Drizzle with dressing mixture, sprinkle with pistachios or pumpkin seeds and season generously with salt and pepper.
Serves 4 to 6