- Acorn Squash - 2, halved
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp.
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp.
- Red Pepper - 1/4 cup, diced
- Carrots - 1/4 cup, sliced thinly
- Celery - 1 stalk, diced finely
- Kale - 1 small handful, chopped finely
- Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Poultry Rub - 1 Tbsp.
- Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts or Pine Nuts - 2 tsp.
- Apple - 1/4 cup, diced finely
1) Preheat the oven to 425F. Scoop the flesh and seeds from each halved piece of squash using a spoon or melon baller.
2) Brush the cut sides with sugar, ensuring you do the insides as well. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3) Place cut sides down on parchment paper or foil on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until fork tender. Check at 20 minute mark. It may require more or less time depending on your oven.
4) Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
5) Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan on med-high heat. Saute red peppers, carrots and celery until softened. Add Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Poultry Rub, sunflower seeds and kale,cooking for an additional 3 minutes.
6) Remove from heat and add apple, salt and pepper to taste, mixing well.
7) Add mixture into acorn halves and serve immediately.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box