Ontario white beans, also known as navy beans, are high-protein, high-fibre, low fat and cholesterol-free. Beans are gluten free and contain impressive amounts of B vitamins, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium and calcium.
- Smokey Garlic White Bean Soup mix (about 1 ¼ cups) - ½ bag
- small red potatoes - 1 ½ lbs
- green onions, sliced - 4
- sweet red pepper, diced - 1
- Smokey Garlic Seasoning mix (about 2-3 tbsp) - ½ bag
- white wine vinegar - 4 tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp
- chopped parsley (or Spring Garlic Greens) - 2 tbsp
- Garlic Oil (or canola oil) - ¼ cup
- Salt & pepper to taste -
1) Cover white beans with water and soak overnight. Drain, cover with fresh water and simmer 20-30 minutes, until tender but not split.
2) Cook the potatoes in a pot of salted water until tender. Drain and let cool.When potatoes are cool, cut in quarters and place in a large bowl.
3) Add the cooked white beans, onion and red pepper to potatoes. Whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard and Smokey Garlic Seasoning mix. Slowly pour in the oil whisking until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and
4)Toss the salad with the dressing. Garnish with chopped parsley or Spring Garlic Greens.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box