- Quinoa (beige or red or black) - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Chickpeas - 1/2 can, rinsed ,drained
- Celery - 1 stalk, chopped
- Cherry or Baby Heirloom Tomatoes - 1 pint, halved
- Cilantro - 1/2 cup
- Baby Spinach Leaves or Kale - 1 cup
- Crumbled Feta Cheese - 1 1/2 cup
- Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Olive Oil - 1/3 cup
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover,simmer until tender, about 10-15 minutes. TIP: Do not overcook. Chill in the refrigerator to cool.
In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, celery, cilantro, spinach or kale and about half of the feta.
Gently toss in the cooled quinoa; do not overmix or stir.
Whisk, vinegar, salt, honey and smoked garlic seasoning in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle over the combined salad ingredients; toss gently. Add vinaigrette, avoid overdressing. Top with feta; serve immediately.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box