Hearty soup that can be kicked up a notch with Tabasco or Garlic Steak Splash.
- black beans, drained - 1 can (19oz)
- Roasted Garlic Oil - 1/4 cup
- chopped onion - 1 large
- diced green bell pepper - 1
- celery chopped - 2
- water - 6 cups
- The Garlic Box Turkey Chili Seasoning with Garlic - 2 tbsp ( or to taste )
- Turkey Sausage - 1 pound ( 1 to 2 inch pieces)
- long white rice - 1 cup
- Chedder cheese optional - shredded
1.In a large pot, heat Garlic Oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery in oil for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pot set aside.
2.Sautee turkey sausage in vegetable drippings until no longer pink. Remove sausage; leave drippings in pot.
3.Add rice to drippings stirring to coat. Stir in Turkey Chili Seasoning. Add water, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
4.Add drained black beans, vegetable and turkey sausage. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes adding water if needed.
5.Season to taste.
6.Optional: garnish with grated cheddar.