" No matter which way you like your mashed potatoes, this recipe will deliver perfect, garlicky results - every time."
- Yukon Gold or Yellow Potatoes - 3 lbs, peeled and cut evenly into 2
- Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning - 1 tbsp.
- Unsalted Butter - 1/4 cup, melted
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Warm Milk, Whipping Cream, Half & Half, or Light Cream - 2/3 to 3/4 cups
- Fresh Parsley - Optional
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
1. Place cut potatoes in a large pot and submerge in cold, salted water (for a flavour boost, use chicken or vegetable broth in place of water). Cover and boil on medium high for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
2. While potatoes are cooking, mix Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning and melted butter in a small bowl and let sit.
3. Either mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer on low speed.
4. Add garlic infused butter and continue mashing with preferred method until you reach desired consistency. Gradually add milk a little at a time to set the texture. (Don't over-beat with the mixer or they can quickly turn to glue.)
5. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and, season to taste with freshly ground pepper and salt.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box