The Garlic Tapenade-Goat Cheese, Napoleons serve as croutons to elevate this
simple salad into an elegant salad plate. Serve the salad beside your Garlic
- mesclun mix or your own lettuce mix - 8 cups
- Olive Tapenade with Garlic - 1/2 cup
- package puff pastry, defrosted - 7-oz
- goat cheese - 1/2 cup
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Dijon mustard - 1 tsp.
- red wine vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- balsamic vinegar (optional: Garlic Balsamic Vinegar) - 2 tbsp.
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste -
Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out puff pastry thinly. Cut twelve 3" rounds.
Place rounds on cookie sheet, prick and place a second sheet on top for weight.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Place Olive Tapenade with Garlic on 1 round, cover with second round and add
goat cheese. Cover with a third round. Repeat, making 4 napoleons. Return to
cookie sheet and reheat when needed in a 350F oven for 10-15 minutes.
Place lettuce in bowl and toss with dressing. Place salad on 4 serving plates,
adding a napoleon to each plate.
For Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
Whisk together and season according to taste.
Optional: Add thick crispy bacon Bites