Bored of holiday leftovers? Here's a dinner idea that won't cause deja vu.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp.
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Yellow Onion - 1, chopped
- Carrot - 1 large, peeled and chopped
- Celery - 1 stalk, chopped
- Diced Tomtatoes - 1 - 796 ml can or 3 1/4 cups
- Dried Cumin - 1/4 tsp.
- Dried Coriander - 1/4 tsp.
- Chili Powder - 1/8 tsp.
- Peaches-and-Cream Corn - 1 1/2 cups frozen
- Shredded Turkey - 1 1/2 cups cooked
- Fresh Cilantro - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Lime - 1, juice
- Avocado - 1, pitted, skin removed and chopped
- Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash - splash to taste
- Chicken Broth - 4 cups
- Tortilla Chips - 5 per serving
1) Heat oil in a large pot and saute garlic, onions, carrot and celery until they start to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2) Add diced tomatoes, spices and chicken broth, while stirring. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 4 minutes.
3) Add corn and turkey, continue to simmer for 4 minutes.
4)Divide among bowls and top with cilantro, lime juice, avocado and splash Garlic Chili Lime Splash to your taste.
5) Serve with tortilla chips on the side.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box