- 5 medium Russett Potatoes (10 to 12 ounces each) -
- 9 tbsp unsalted butter -
- 1 cup sour cream -
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives - plus more for topping -
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley -
- 4 tbsp Horseradish Potato Seasoning -
- a pinch of salt and pepper -
- Crumbled cooked bacon -
- 1 cup cheddar cheese for topping -
1. Postition racks in the middle and upper third of the oven: preheat to 400F
Scrub the potatoes and dry well. Bake directly on the middle oven rack until easily pierced with a knife, 45 to 50 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let cool 5 minutes.
2. One at a time, hold each potato with a kitchen towel and halve lengthwise.
Scoop the flesh into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4" thick shell. Mash the flesh with 6 tablespoons butter and 3 tbsp Horseradish Potato Seasoning - season with salt and pepper. Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, brush the potato skins with 1 tbsp melted butter and season the inside with salt and pepper. Set on a baking sheet.
3. Mound the filling into the potato skins. Return to the oven on the top rack and bake until the filling starts browning and the skins turn crisp - 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp. melted butter.
4. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sour cream and 1 tbsp. Horseradish Potato Seasoning in a small bowl. Top the potatoes with the horseradish cream and bacon.
TIP: For maximum flavor, mix sour cream and horseradish seasoning and leave to rest while potatoes are cooking.