The most amazing crisp-tender chicken with a honey garlic studded sauce for a finish. Three flavour options to choose from keeps this classic an interesting meal-anyway you like it.
- vegetable oil - 1 cup
- Choose 1 of 3 seasoning flavours 1tbsp - Garlic&Cilantro Corn Fiesta seasoning/ Smoked Seasoning/Turkey Chili Seasoning
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise in half - 1 pound
- 2 large eggs - beaten
- For the Honey Garlic Sauce -
- Honey - 1/2 cup or more to taste
- Ontario Garlic Cloves - 4 minced
- Chicken Chili Lime Splash - 2 tbsp
- Cornstarch - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic and chicken chili lime splash. In small bowl combine corn starch and 1/4 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, and 1tbsp of the seasoning of your choice.
- Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 2-3 at a time and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4 min each side.
- Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce.