Dress up your grilled fish by topping it with fresh charred corn and tomatoes - seasoned with the Smoked Garlic Seasoning. A delicious meal for summer nights!
Smoked Garlic Seasoning
- Corn cobs, husked - 2
- Red onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices - 1
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp
- Grape or cherry tomatoes, halved - 1 - 1/2 cups
- Cooked shelled edamame - 1/2 cup
- Red wine vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 2 tsp
- Clove Ontario garlic, minced - 1
- Fresh perch fillets, skin on - 1 lb (12 to 16 fillets)
- Melted butter - 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper - to taste
1) Brush corn and onion slices with some of the oil. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat; turning often until lightly charred and tender-crisp, about 10-15 minutes. Remove vegetables as they are cooked.
2) Toss tomatoes with 1/2 tsp of the oil. Place in grill basket; grill, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly softened - about 5 minutes.
3) When cool enough the handle, cut kernels from cobs and place in medium bowl. Chop onion and add to corn along with tomatoes and edamame. Whisk together 2 tbsp of the oil, vinegar, Smoked Garlic Seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add to the vegetables, toss gently, and set aside.
4) Lightly brush fillets with remaining oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Place skin side down on large flat barbecue topper. Grill over medium-high heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place fillets on large platter and drizzle with butter; serve with salad.