This summery dish is simple enough as a potluck offering, or a dinner side. Dig into the leftovers for savoury breakfasts.
- Avocados - 3
- Roasted Garlic Oil w/Garlic Scapes - 1 to 2 Tbsp.
- Lemons - 2, juiced
- Garlic & Cilantro Corn Fiesta Seasoning - to taste
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Garlic & Cilantro Corn Fiesta Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
- Dry Quinoa - 1 cup
- Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette - 5 Tbsp.
- Maple Syrup - 2 tsp
- Dijon Mustard - 2 tsp
- Garlic & Cilantro Corn Fiesta Seasoning - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper - to taste
- Cucumber - 1 cup, diced
- Red Bell Pepper (or Cherry Tomatoes) - 1 cup, diced
- Corn - 1/2 cup, raw kernels (about 1 ear)
- Black Beans - 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 can beans, rinsed
- Basil Leaves - 10 to 15
- Fresh Cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
1) Lightly oil your grill or grill pan and set over medium heat.
2) Rinse the quinoa through a fine sieve for about 1 minute. Place quinoa in a medium sized pot with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Cover the quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and allow it to rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
3) While the quinoa cooks, cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Brush the avocados, cut side down with olive oil and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle them with Garlic & Cilantro Corn Fiesta Seasoning, salt & pepper. Place the avocados, cut side down on the grill. Allow them to cook for 5 minutes, or until they have nice grill marks. Remove them from heat and set aside.
4) In a small bowl, whisk together the Apple Cider & Garlic Vinaigrette, maple syrup, mustard, Garlic & Cilantro Corn Fiesta Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
5) To a large mixing bowl, add the cooked quinoa, cucumber, pepper, corn, black beans, basil and cilantro. Dress the salad and toss gently. Season to taste.
6) Fill each avocado half till it's brimming over with a cup of quinoa salad. Serve, garnished with extra cilantro if desired.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box