A fresh and satisfying side that is a typical recipe of Southern Italy. Spinach and mushrooms are sautéed with onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar and white wine.
Shop Now: Balsamic Vinegar with Garlic
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp
- Small onion, chopped - 1 whole
- Fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced - 14 ounces
- Cleaned fresh spinach, roughly chopped - 10 ounces
- Garlic Balsamic Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- White wine - 1/2 cup
- Roasted Garlic Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper - to taste
- Chopped, fresh parsley - for garnish
- "Garlic Box" Frozen/Fresh Peeled Ontario Garlic - 4 thinly sliced garlic cloves
1) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion to sweat out water with a little pinch of salt, then add garlic in the oil until they start to become tender ( if using frozen cloves, slice thinly while frozen) - do not let garlic burn. Add the mushrooms, and fry until they begin to shrink and take on a golden colour, about 4 minutes. Toss in the spinach and fry, stirring constantly for a few minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
2) Add the Garlic Balsamic Vinegar, stirring constantly until it is absorbed, then stir in the white wine. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the wine has almost completely absorbed. Season with Roasted Garlic Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot.