Sweet corn is fresh from the fields this time of year! As the Summer is rushing past all of us, a family barbecue evening is just what the chef ordered. A classic with a garlicky twist, our garlicky corn on the cob is sure to tingle your tastebuds and goes well with all sorts of mains whether it be grilled steak or a wonderful summer salad for our vegetarian foodies!
- Fresh ears of corn - 8-12 cobs
- Olive Oil or Roasted Garlic oil w scapes - 1-2 tablespoons
- The Ultimate Garlic Spread - 6-10 tablespoons
- Fresh Ontario Garlic - 1 teaspoon minced
- Fresh Parsley - to taste
- Fresh Thyme - to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- Garlicky Epic Fry Salt (to taste) -
1) Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat
2) Brush the olive oil all over the corn.
3) Place the corn on the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until kernels are starting to gain some colour, turning as needed. The cook time here in about 8-10 minutes depending on the appliance used.
4) Place The Ultimate Garlic Spread, parsley, thyme, Epic Salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whip with a fork or wire whisk until perfectly combined.
5) Brush the butter mixture on the still hot corn (be careful here with the hot butter).
6) Sprinkle a final dusting of Epic Salt if desired!