Only the freshest bread will do for the ultimate Bruschetta and the timing is critical - soft and chewy on the inside, hot and toasty on the outside. Leftover bruschetta is excellent in pasta, rice, on fish and chicken.
- Garlicky Italian Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Plum or Roma Tomatoes - 2-3 diced small
- Onion - 1 medium, diced small
- Cilantro - 2 tsp
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Baguette or crusty bread - sliced 2-3 inches
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Fresh or Frozen Ontario garlic cloves - 1-2 cloves minced
Mix all ingredients in bowl and let sit 30 min for best flavour. Season to taste and serve on fresh crusty bread slices, preferably freshly toasted.
Yields 2 cups