Garlic for breakfast - it's the perfect food to kick start your day to wellness.
- Eggs - 2 large
- Quinoa cooked - 2 cups
- Garlic Scape & Kale Pesto - 1/4 cup
- Hemp Seeds - 2 tbsp
- Chia Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Avocado - 1/2 thinly sliced
- Pesto Recipe is below if making fresh -
- Start by adding the eggs to a small sauce pan with 1 in" of water in the bottom. Bring water to a boil, cover the pot and reduce to simmer for 5-6 min.
- Make pesto according to instruction below. It is optional or use The Garlic Box Scape & Kale Pesto.
- When eggs are done cooking, rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Let stand in a bowl of cold water for 5 min.
- Prepare your breakfast bowls: add 1 cup quinoa, half of the avocado thinly sliced and half the Scape & Kale Pesto (or homemade pesto).
- When eggs have cooled, peel them and slice in half. Add to the bowl and sprinkle with half the hemp and chia seeds. Repeat with other bowl.
- Enjoy plain or season with a touch of salt and pepper.