Snip the flower bud off the top of your garlic scape to garnish your plate. This recipe is great tossed into pasta, dolloped on fish, spread on crusty bread with goats cheese or used as a hummus style dip with crudités.
- fresh garlic scapes (approx.) - 1 ½ cups
- spinach (or arugula), cleaned and dry - 2 ½ cups
- fresh lemons - 1 ½
- olive oil - ½ cups
- can chickpeas, drained - 1 19oz
- Tahini butter - 3 tbsp
- grated Parmesan cheese - 1 cup
- toasted pine nuts - 1 cup
- salt - 1 ½ tsp
- Few splashes Tabasco Sauce -
1) Rough chop garlic scapes for processing, removing flower buds. Put in food processor with olive oil
and blend 2-3 minutes until finely chopped (adding more oil if mixture is too thick to puree).
2) Add chickpeas, Tahini butter, lemon juice (seeds removed) and salt and Tabasco Sauce. Puree until
chickpeas are finely ground.
3) Add spinach and puree.
4) Add toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese. Puree, adding more lemon juice or olive oil – according to
taste – to thin if needed.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box