- Pizza style flatbread -
- Roasted Garlic Oil with Garlic Scapes - 1 tbsp
- Roasted garlic paste (recipe follows) - 1/2 cup
- Garlicky Italian Seasoning - 1-2 tbsp.
- Freshly ground salt (optional) - 1/4 cup
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup
- sliced field fresh tomatoes - 2
- Roasted Garlic Paste:
- large Ontario garlic bulbs - 4
- Roasted Garlic Oil with Garlic Scapes - 1 –2 tbsp
Preheat oven to 500 degrees, place baking sheet in oven.
Place flatbread on pizza pan. Spread garlic paste on flatbread. Be sure to spread to
within 1/2" from the edge.
Sprinkle the Garlicky Italian Seasoning on the paste.
Splatter with Roasted Garlic Oil with Garlic Scapes.
Put pizza in the oven. Bake until lightly brown and bubbling, about 10 min.
Remove pizza from oven and quickly season with salt, sprinkle with sliced
tomatoes and cheese and return to oven for another 2 to 3 min. or until cheese
Transfer to board cut and serve.
For Roasted Garlic Paste:
To roast garlic use sharp knife to top off the cap of 4 large Ontario garlic bulbs.
Remove loose outer skins and clean root area.
Place in a garlic baker, root side down and drizzle with 1 – 2 tbsp. Roasted Garlic
Oil with Garlic Scapes
Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 45 min. or until cloves are
caramelized and popping through the skins. If you do not have a
baker, wrap tightly in foil and proceed as above. When cloves are
cooled squeeze from their skins onto a plate and mash with a fork.
This will produce approx. 1/2 cup of paste. (May store paste in a
sealed container in fridge up to 2 weeks.)