We've Mashed it up! Garlic pesto mashed potatoes are a zesty spin on typical mashed potatoes. These ultra creamy mashed potatoes are silky-smooth and packed with the most delicious green garlic pesto flavour.
- 2lbs Russet potatoes - Peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream -
- Garlic Scape Sea Salt - to taste
- 1 6oz tub Scape & Kale Pesto -
1. Add potatoes to a large pot. Fill with cold water. Make sure the water covers the potatoes completely. Season with salt. Bring the potatoes to a rolling boil. Continue to boil until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 18-20 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes in a colander. Let them dry for a few minutes. While the potatoes are still hot, and working in batches, pass the potatoes through a ricer and back into the pot you cooked the potatoes in.
3. Once all the potatoes are riced, add the heavy cream, garlic scape salt and half of the pesto. Use a hand mixer to mix the potatoes just until they are whipped and all the ingredients are incorporated. Season to taste with garlic scape salt and pepper.
4. Before serving while the potatoes are still hot fold in the rest of the Scape & Kale Pesto so there are ribbons of pesto throughout your potatoes.
CLICK HERE to purchase Scape & Kale Pesto