Looking for a cool way to beat the heat in less than an hour with color and flavor? It's 'GAZPACHO! Fresh ingredients are a must. Serve with Pelee Island Pink Rose'
- Fresh Roma Tomatoes - 4, diced
- Sweet Red Pepper - 1/2, diced
- Green Pepper - 1/2, diced
- Sweet Onion - 1/4 cup, diced
- Cucumber - 1 medium, peeled & diced
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic Cloves - 3, peeled & chopped
- Garlic Steak Splash - 2 tsp
- Clamato Juice - 1 cup
- Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
- Wine Vinegar or Lemon Juice - 4 tsp
- Blanched Almonds or White Bread - 6 or 1 slice (optional to thicken)
1) Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until the consistency of light cream.
2) To thicken, you may add bread or almonds, or puree in fresh avocado slices.
3) Chill until ice-cold and serve in cold. Serve in clear (chilled) glass. No spoon is necessary. Garnish to taste.
OPTIONAL: garnishments cucumber, avocado, cooked shrimp.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box