- Chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on - 8
- Salt and ground pepper - to taste
- Unsalted butter, divided - 3 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, minced - 4
- Packed brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Dried thyme - 1/4 tsp
- Dried basil - 1/4 tsp
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper/
3) Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and sear until brown - 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and place on a plate.
4) Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme, and basil until well combined. Return chicken to skillet.
5) Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer near the bone should read 165F. Serve.