A twist on how to eat root vegetables in the winter months.
- Small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced - 1 1/2 lbs
- Parsnips - 1 lb
- Carrots - 1 lb
- Red Onions - 2 large chopped
- Sweetened dried Cranberries - 3/4 cup
- Light Brown Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Garlic Balsamic Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Freshly ground pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Flat leaf Parsley - 1/3 cup
- Peel first 3 ingredients (potato, parsnips, carrots) into 1 1/2 " pieces. Combine parsnips, carrots, onions and cranberries in a lightly greased 6 quart slow cooker and layer sweet potatoes over top.
- Whisk together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients ( olive oil, Garlic Balsamic Vinegar, salt, pepper) in small bowl and pour over vegetable mixture. (Do not stir)
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Toss with parsley just before serving.