Cranberries and squash add sweetness to this special bread stuffing.
- Unsalted Butter - 2 Tbsp.
- Sweet Onion - 1 cup, diced
- Acorn Squash - 1 small, peeled & diced
- Fresh/Frozen Ontario Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Celery - 2 stalks, diced
- Fresh Thyme & Dried Savoury Leaves - 1 Tbsp. each - chopped
- Salt and Pepper(Optional- Garlic Scape Sea Salt) - to taste
- French Bread - 1 loaf day-old, cubed
- Roasted Deluxe Mixed Nuts, 50% Cashews - 1 cup, chopped
- Dried and Sweetened Cranberries - 1 cup
- Fresh Parsley - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Eggs - 2
- Cranberry Garlic Rum Preserve - 1 jar - 250 ml
- Chicken Broth, 35% Less Sodium - 1 1/2 cups
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, squash, celery and garlic until softened, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in savory and thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool.
2) In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, nuts, cranberries, parsley and squash mixture. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, cranberry sauce and broth, pour over bread mixture, season and gently toss. Transfer to a greased baking dish and bake until top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box