Add healthy dose of flavour to your summer crunch a simple, garlicky good dip.
- Plain Greek Yogurt (whole-milk) - 1 1/2 cups
- Kosher salt - 3/4 tsp, plus more to taste
- Black pepper - 1 pinch finely ground, plus more to taste
- Fresh Garlic - 6 cloves, peeled, smashed, and finely chopped
- Roasted Garlic Oil - 2 tbsp
- Roasted Garlic Oil - 3 tbsp
- Fresh Garlic - Peeled and thinly sliced
1. In a bowl, add yogurt and season with salt and pepper until smooth.
2. Combine the garlic and Roasted Garlic Oil in a small, nonstick skillet and set the stove to medium-low heat. (starting the oil and garlic in a cold skillet helps the garlic cook more gently and evenly.) Cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden brown.
3. Before it burns, immediately pour the garlic and oil on top of the yogurt, then stir to combine.
The Crispy Garlic Topping:
1. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Add the oil to a small nonstick skillet and set the stove to medium heat.
2. When the oil is hot, add the garlic slivers (they should loudly sizzle). Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic turns golden, then pour into the sieve set over the bowl.
Drizzle some of the garlic infused oil (from making the topping) on top of the roasted garlic dip, then sprinkle the crispy garlic chips on top. Like onion dip, this is its very best with salty potato chips.