You can never have too many potato soup recipes in your repertoire. We especially like the finishing garnish on this one!!! Adapted from Food52
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Onion - 1 large, diced
- Carrot - 1 large, diced
- Celery - 1 rib, diced
- Frozen/Fresh Mkt Garlic - 3 cloves, diced
- Rosemary - 1 sprig, chopped
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Russet Potatoes - 6 medium, peeled and diced into 1
- Chicken Stock or Water - 7 cups
- Low Fat Sour Cream - 1 cup
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- For Vinaigrette
- Thick Cut Bacon - 4 pieces
- Green Onions - 3, finely sliced
- Frozen/Fresh Garlic - 1 clove, finely minced
- White Wine Vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - pinch
1) Add butter to large pot on medium high heat and melt.
2) Add carrot, onion, celery , garlic, rosemary and salt. Saute veggies until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
3) Add potatoes and stock. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are very tender, about 20 minutes.
4) Turn off heat, add sour cream and puree in blender or with immersion blender.
5) To make vinaigrette, cook bacon until crispy on medium high heat. Drain fat onto paper towel and chop into small pieces.
6)To small bowl stir onions, bacon, vinegar, salt. Add oil and put 1 tbsp of vinaigrette on top of each bowl of soup.