This soup is versatile - try adding diced red peppers and zucchini with a splash of Garlic Chili Lime Chicken Splash
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Onion - 1 large, chopped
- Yellow-fleshed Potatoes (Yukon Gold) - 2 diced
- Reduced-sodium Chicken Broth - 3 1/4 cups
- Water - 1 cup
- Frozen Corn Kernels - 1 - 10 oz. pkg.
- Garlic Chili-Lime Chicken Splash - 3-4 tbsp.
- Lime Wedges - optional -
- Fresh Cilantro - 1/4 cup - chopped
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
1) In a 6 quart heavy saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion for 8 min., until golden. Add diced potatoes and chicken stock; bring to boil before reducing to a simmer, about 20 minutes.
2) Roughly mash about 1 cup of cooked potatoes, return to pot. Add corn kernels and Garlic Chili-Lime Chicken Splash.
3) Simmer until corn is cooked, about 10 minutes.
4) Stir in cilantro before serving. Adjust seasoning and pass the Garlic Chili-Lime Chicken Splash for added flavour. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Optional: add cooked cubed chicken
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box