We soaked and cooked our white beans, but canned works perfectly well. The
colours are pale, but the flavours in this winter mix are vivid and fresh.
Adopted from Bon Appétit Magazine
- olive oil - 1/3 cup
- minced fresh rosemary - 1 tbsp.
- fresh lemon juice - 1 tbsp.
- pickle juice from Pickled Garlic jar - 1 tbsp.
- red wine vinegar - 1 tbsp.
- finely grated lemon peel - 2 ½ tsp.
- ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp.
- Pickled Garlic Cloves, sliced - 1/4 cup
- medium head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets (5 c) - 1
- white beans drained (Navy or Great Northern) - 1 15-oz. can
- large heads of Belgian endive, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise - 2
- chopped fresh chives - 1 tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley - 2 tbsp.
- crumbled feta cheese - ½ cup
Combine oil and rosemary in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until just
fragrant, about 1 minute. Cool.
Whisk lemon juice, pickle juice, vinegar, lemon peel, salt and pepper in bowl.
Blanch cauliflower (drop into pot of boiling water for less than 1 minute, drain
immediately, rinse under cold water and drain again).
Combine cauliflower, beans, endive, chives, parsley and rosemary oil in medium
bowl; toss. Mix in cheese. Add lemon juice mixture and toss to coat. Season to
taste with salt and pepper.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box