This classic Italian recipe is best when made with good quality tomatoes and ripe avocados. Adding black garlic is an unorthodox touch, but the smoky sweetness of black garlic works well with the garlic balsamic vinegar, giving an interesting flavour to the dish.
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional: Garlic Box Roasted Oil) - 6 tbsp
- The Garlic Box Balsamic Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- The Garlic Box Tapenade - to taste
- Black garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Goats cheese - 1 log, sliced
- Tomatoes - 4 large, sliced
- Avocado - 2, sliced (Optional: toss with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- Basil leaves (fresh) - one handful
1. using a lidded jar, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and black garlic. Shake well, then add salt and pepper to taste.
2. On each slice of tomato, add a swipe of tapenade. Arrange the goats cheese, tomato and avocado in overlapping slices on a large serving plate.
3. Pour the black garlic dressing over the arrangement, then add the basil leaves (as many as desired).