The addition of roasted red pepper and olive paste gives this warm vinaigrette the substance to dress vegetable and pasta salads. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Excellent served with Garlic Tapenade Napoleon Salad.
- Olive Oil - 1/2 cup + 1 tsp. (may sub with canola oil for lighter taste)
- Fresh Ontario Garlic - 2 tbsp. chopped
- Roasted Red Pepper - 1 tbsp. finely diced
- Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed
- Olive Tapenade with Garlic - 1 tbsp.
- Fresh Basil - 2 tbsp. chopped
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
For an enriched basil flavour, allow fresh basil leaves to sit in oil for several hours before you begin.
Heat 1 tbsp. "basil oil" in small sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook slowly until transparent, about 1 minute. Do not burn or brown garlic. Add roasted red pepper and stir. Add lemon juice and mix well. Add remaining basil oil and Olive Tapenade with Garlic and mix well again.
Season to taste.
Remove from heat and let rest 1-2 minutes before mixing with salad or pasta.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box