These bacon wrapped garlic clove bombs are just great for parties, if you have a crowd of garlic lovers. Minutes to prep, and a nice treat with the sweetness of Ontario garlic and the saltiness of the bacon. Either fresh, frozen or pickled cloves will work in this recipe.
- Fresh, Frozen or Pickled Garlic Cloves - 12
- Bacon - 6 pieces (precooked is optional)
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning ( Optional ) - to desired taste
- toothpicks -
- Prep the fresh garlic by removing the skin, don't crush or chop the garlic. If cloves are bigger than bite size, cut in half.
- Poach the fresh or frozen garlic in a pan till they become tender and are easy to pierce with a toothpick, usually 12-15 min. If you are using pickled cloves you may skip this step.
- Drain with a colander and allow them to cool and dry. While waiting cut bacon into long enough slices to wrap around cloves.
- Wrap up the garlic cloves in the bacon and secure with toothpick. Place on a wire rack with a pan or casserole dish below to catch all the bacon drippings or place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp.