A new way to make mashed potatoes that is creamy and smooth
- Red Potatoes - 1-2 lbs chopped into 2
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Milk - 3 tbsp
- Flat-leaf Parsley - 2 tbsp
- Articoke Hearts - 400 g tin, drained and sliced
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning - 1 tbsp
1) Add 1 tbsp. of Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning to 3 tbsp. melted butter in a small bowl and let sit (warm) while your potatoes are cooking.
2) Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, then drain. Return to pan and add the melted butter and warm milk. Mash until light and fluffy. Stir in the parsley.
3) While the potatoes are cooking, pat the artichokes slices dry with kitchen paper. Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan, add the artichoke hearts, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Mash the cooked artichokes into the potatoes, reserving a few for the top.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box