A Mexican inspired soup that provides a hearty hit of protein using ground turkey.
- ground turkey - about 1 1/4 lb
- fresh cilantro, divided - 5 Tbsp
- The Garlic Box Turkey Chili Seasoning with Garlic - 1 Tbsp
- canola oil - 1 Tbsp
- Turkey or vegetable broth - 3 cups
- canned, diced tomatoes - 1 can, 19 oz
- red bell pepper diced - 1
- corn kernels, fresh or frozen - 1 cup
- Avocado Cream
- avocado - 1 large
- sour cream or plain Greek yogurt - 3/4 cup
- lime juice - 1 Tbsp
- a pinch of salt and pepper -
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown the turkey. Sprinkle Turkey Chili Seasoning over cooked turkey and stir. Place turkey in slow cooker.
2. Stir in half of the cilantro, broth, tomatoes and red pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
3. Meanwhile prepare the Avocado Cream by placing in a food processor the avocado, sour cream, lime juice, salt and pepper. Puree and scrape contents into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. During the last 10 minutes of cook time, uncover the slow cooker and stir in corn and remaining half of cilantro. Cook for remaining 10 minutes to heat through.
5. Serve with tortilla chips and avocado cream.