- dried wheat berries (or prairie rice) - 1 c
- dried cranberries - ½ c
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/3 c
- Garlic Balsamic Vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar) - 3 tbsp
- Smoked Garlic Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- salt - ¼ tsp
- chopped kale - 5 c (about ½ small bunch)
- diced red onion - ½ c
- yellow pepper, diced - 1
Rinse wheat berries. Combine with 8 cups water in a medium pot.
Bring to aboil over high, then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, covered until wheat-berries are tender; at least 35 minutes. (May take longer.)
Stir in cranberries during last two minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cool water.
Whisk Garlic Balsamic Vinegar , vinegar, salt and Smoked Garlic Seasoning in a large bowl.
Stir in wheat-berry mixture, kale, onion and pepper.
Serve immediately. May eat warm or cold. Keeps well for one day. Store in refrigerator sealed up to 3 days.
Another delicious recipe from the kitchen of The Garlic Box