Pickled Cloves in Cider and Honey This recipe is very accepting of interpretation. Fennel and broccoli would place well.
- Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- red wine vinegar - 2 tbsp.
- pickled garlic juice - 1 tbsp.
- black pepper - 1/8 tsp.
- sugar - 1/8 tsp.
- Roasted Garlic Oil with Garlic Scapes - ¼ cup
- olive oil - 2 tbsp.
- Salad Ingredients:
- Pickled Winter Garlic Cloves ¼ cup slivered -
- carrots, peeled & julienne - 3
- celery stocks julienne - 3
- head of cauliflower broken into florets - ½
- thinly sliced red onion -
Make vinaigrette and set aside. Bring a medium pot of water to boil and add carrots, celery and cauliflower. When water resumes boil, remove from heat and drain immediately. Put warm vegetables into a bowl, add onion and slivered garlic. Toss with vinaigrette. Serve warm or cold. Keeps several days in refrigerator.