Healthy and filling comfort food for any day of the week.
- Sweet Potato - 3 whole medium-sized washed and scrubbed
- Roasted Garlic Oil w Scapes - 1 Tbsp
- Cooked Chicken Breast - 9 oz 1-inch strips
- Fresh/Frozen Garlic - 2 Cloves / minced
- Bell Peppers - 3 peppers colour of your choice sliced
- Black Beans - 1/4 cup tinned washed and rinsed
- Smoked garlic Seasoning - 1/2 tbsp
- Mexican Cheese, Cheeder or Mozzarella - 1 cup shredded
- Lime Juice - 1
- Avocado - 1 diced
- Salsa - To serve
- Red onion - 1/2 thinly sliced
- Cilantro Leaves - 1/4 cup
1.Wrap sweet potatoes in one piece of paper towel. Microwave on high settings for 10 min. Remove carefully from Microwave and unwrap. Pierce with fork , wrap again and microwave for a further 14-15 min until soft ( do not worry if they are still a little hard they will continue to cook in oven).
1.Preheat oven to 220 C/ 430F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and arrange sweet potatoes on sheet. Roast for one hour in the oven, or until soft.
2.While the sweet potato are cooking, add a small amount of oil to the pan; add the onions to a skillet/ frying pan over medium-high heat. Once transparent, add the chicken, garlic and peppers. Cook until the garlic is fragrant. Add in the seasonings and continue cooking until chicken is completely coated with seasonings. Mix the beans through; take off heat and set aside.
3. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven; allow them to cool for 5 min until they are just warm enough to handle and carefully slice them in half or for longer pieces slice length wise. Slice around the inside of the skin, leaving 1 cm wall around the inside of the skin. Slice small cubes into the flesh for easier removal. Scoop out the flesh and transfer it into a medium sized mixing bowl. Set the skins aside.
4. Add the chicken fajita mixture to the flesh in the bowl; mix it through until completely combined. Stir in the lime juice.
5. Arrange the skins on the same baking sheet, and stuff them with the fajita sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro leaves. Put them back into the oven for 15-20 min until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
6. Serve with any left over cilantro , lime wedges, avocado pieces and salsa.