- 1/2 head of cabbage, (halved lengthwise) , thinly sliced Kosher salt -
- 2 tbsp. Virgin Coconut Oil -
- 1 lb. ground pork, turkey or chicken - your choice -
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced -
- 1 2 -
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced -
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced - fresh or frozen -
- 1 tsp. ground tumeric -
- 1 - 13.5 oz. can of unsweetened coconut milk -
- Cooked rice -
- Plain whole-milk Greek yogurt -
- Toasted unsweetened coconut flakes -
- Cilantro leaves -
- Lime Wedges - optional -
1. Toss cabbage with a pinch of salt in a medium bowl, then massage with your hands until slightly softened, about 1 minute. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium - high heat. Add pork, turkey or chicken (your choice) and cook undisturbed, until browned underneath, about 2 minutes. Break up meat with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula and continue to cook, tossing and breaking up as much as possible, until browned all over but still pink in spots, about 2 minutes more. Add onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add ginger, chile, garlic, tumeric and cook, stirring often and reducing heat if bottom of pan gets very dark, until vegetables are softened and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add coconut milk and 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt.
4. Spoon rice onto plates and top with reserved cabbage. Spoon curry over and top with a dollop of yogurt, coconut flakes, and cilantro if desired. Serve with lime wedges (optional)